Everyone needs to take care of money. Bookkeepers and accountants are important in many kinds of business. They need to know something about computers in most offices, and they need to enjoy doing careful work. Sometimes they need to work long hours, but they always need to be correct.
After you watch this video, you can think about this kind of work for yourself or someone that you know. Talk with a classmate about the answers for the questions below. You can watch again, and fill in the missing words to work on your listening skills. Click here for the listening exercise.
Listening for Information – Political Bookkeeper
After you listen, talk with a partner in class to check your answers.
1. What is her name and what’s the name of her job?
2. What is a political bookkeeper?
3. How long has she been working in this job?
4. What experience did she have before that helps her in this job?
5. What training or education did she have that helped her in this job?
6. What classes, or training would she suggest for someone interested in this job?
7. And what kind of person would be good for this job?
8. What’s the most fun part of her work?
9. What’s the most challenging or difficult part of her work?
10. What is her busy period at work?
11. What is special or unique about her job?